Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

THE SHORT TWO DAY STEELHEAD FISHING/CAMP/LITERARY SALON IS OVER FOR NOW. I RECALLED ALL THE TIMES MY FRIEND D. & I DID THINGS LIKE THIS A LOT. THE LAST DECADE HAS NOT SEEN GET TOGETHERS LIKE THIS FOR REASONS I WOULD LIKE TO EXPLAIN BUT CAN''T. I THINK I FEEL CRAPPY/BADLY ABOUT THAT. I GUESS THERE IS NOT MUCH THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE PAST, IN FACT NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT THE PAST. I HOPE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

Click 'em to big 'em.


Getting ready to do some steelhead fishing.   My camper's looking spiffy or something, eh?

.

Revolution No. 9, No. 9, No. 9, No. 9, No. 9....  Dave's camper is in the best spot of this campground.  Best campsite for a great guy.  No. 9, No. 9, No. 9*




Our new friend Jerrod set up his camper, then came over to visit. 



David & new friend, Jerrod, talking about where the goddamned fish are hiding & which goddamned fly works the best to hook the goddamned fish in the goddamned river, for goddamned sake.  No, no, I'm sorry.  They discussed where the lovely & strong steelhead are holding in this the most beautiful, to some, river in Wisco, the Bois Brule River.   They talked calmly, passionately, as the intelligentsia ought to speak.  & with some authority, the authority of age & experience & the authority of youth & enthusiasm.  Or something like that. 



My friend David going to clean up the most important of all camping gear - the indispensable coffee cone.  What would trout fishing, steelhead fishing be without good coffee?  It would be nothing, nothing I tell you.  It would be like listening to ten minutes of rhyming poetry.  God, what a headache that would create. 



David pondering, pondering I tell you & I'm telling you, he's pondering.  & frankly, you should be pondering too.



The moon back at home, up by the mailbox on the town road.  It was beautiful.




Fun with the moon in the photo above.  Long exposure time & some short, jerky hand movements.




The Daily Doe.

  This was taken on Four Corners Road, just south of the Four Corners Saloon.  That's a great saloon to be in, what with cute beer, good bartenders, fun food like a great whitefish fish fry on Friday (what other night could it be?) night.




Click 'em to big 'em.


*The Beatles' White Album.

No comments: